Thursday, April 10, 2014

Those who don't believe in magic...

Hey guys, I wanted to share the  second page of my wood pear inspiration book from GJS.  I decided a few months ago to alter each page with an inspirational quote that I could display in my studio and make me smile.   In case you didn't see it, here is my first page from a few months ago:

This time I decided to use a mauve/purple combo which not everyone loves, but I do! I painted the pear after priming, with acrylic paint from 13 Arts, then added some texture through a stencil using Art Anthology velvets. I added a resin butterfly, metal key and a ribbon from my stash.  Looking at this makes me happy. I can't wait to make page #3.




I added some Prima roses and tried to get the stem to sparkle using some glitter glue but it's not showing up great in the photos.

I am a huge fan of the Eclectic Paperie blog so I would like to enter this into the challenge for this month that is all about "wood."
I would also like to link up with another favorite site, Frilly and Funky where the challenge is "flights of fancy" and must include a winged thing...in this case it would be the resin butterfly. 

Thanks for joining me today, I hope you have a fabulous week!
Sarah xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah!
    I love purple too. i can see why it makes you smile. What a perfect page (and verse!) to add to your inspiration book. The little resin butterfly and prima flowers add the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for playing along with us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, LOVE the idea of this pear book with inspirational quotes! The colors for this new page are just FABULOUS! Love the sentiment, the fancy die cut, the flowers and the butterfly! Thx for playing with us at the eclectic Paperie ePlay wood challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a beautiful wooden book you are creating here, Sarah - love the pear shape - and all the lovely accents - the roses, the fiber the key - thanks for sharing it with the eclectic Paperie wood challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love this pear book. Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing along with us in our April ePlay challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great design beautifully executed Sarah. Love the butterfly. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie with this. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the pear shape and how cute that tap is at the top, thank you for joining us for the ePlay Challenge and good luck.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very informative and creative content. This concept is a good way to enhance the knowledge.thanks for sharing. kitchen sink india

    ReplyDelete